Quick Tomato Salsa Photo ©Bebe Naidoo 2011
I had a " mommy moment" last Wednesday. I stopped into my local Mexican produce store to buy whole wheat burrito wrappers and thought to myself that I should also buy tomatoes too. They had a big bag of them at a great price so I snapped them up without thinking. When I got home and looked in the refrigerator, I found the vegetable bin filled with roma tomatoes from last Saturday's farmers market trip.
That do you do when faced with too many tomatoes?
- Roast halved tomatoes drizzled with olive oil in a low temp oven overnight.
- Dry them in a dehydrator
- Can them. Use your favorite recipe, mine comes from the Ball Blue book
- Sauce them. Chop them and cook them down with onions and garlic and Italian herbs
- Salad them. Slice or dice with cucumber and onions
- Salsa them! Like I did...